If you’re looking for a tropical escape to spend the holidays, Maui is the perfect destination! From Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day, there are plenty of fun events and activities happening all over the island. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy Maui during the holiday season.
Discover even more things to do on Maui in our Free Vacation Guide. This exclusive planning tool gives you access to all the top attractions on the island, including local restaurants, events, shops, museums, outdoor activities, and more.
The Best Things to do for the Maui Holiday Season
Maui is known for its beautiful beaches, but there are plenty of other activities to enjoy during your Maui vacation. Here are some of our favorites:
– Whale watching: Maui is one of the best places in the world to see humpback whales! These gentle giants can be seen off the coast of Maui from November through May.
– Maui Ocean Center: This aquarium is a great activity for the whole family. It features Maui’s unique marine life, including sharks, turtles, and stingrays.
– Maui Arts & Cultural Center: This center hosts a variety of events and exhibits throughout the year. During the holidays, they offer special performances and workshops for children.
– Maui Tropical Plantation: This plantation is a great place to learn about Maui’s agriculture and history. They offer tours of the grounds, as well as a variety of educational programs.
– Maui Nui Botanical Gardens: These gardens feature native plants from all over Hawaii. They offer guided tours, as well as a variety of classes and workshops. Make a living wreath with native plants that can grow outdoors for months or years with proper care!
– Maui Historical Society: This society offers tours of historic sites on Maui, as well as lectures and exhibits on Maui’s history.
There are also plenty of great restaurants to enjoy on Maui during the holidays. Some of our favorites include:
– Morimoto Maui: Founded by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Morimoto Maui offers a unique fusion of Japanese and Hawaiian cuisine.
– Maui Brewing Company: This brewery offers a variety of Maui-made beers and spirits, as well as a menu of locally-sourced food. There are several MBC that you can find in Kihei, Lahaina, Kailua, and Waikiki.
– Hula Grill: This restaurant is located in Ka’anapali Beach Resort. It offers a Maui-inspired menu of seafood, steak, and chicken with fresh fish delivered daily by local fishermen.
– Duke’s Beach House: This restaurant is located in Waikiki Beach and is named after the father of modern day surfing Duke Kahanamoku. It offers a Hawaiian-style menu of seafood, burgers, and salads.
Where to Stay on Maui for the Holidays
If you enjoy an island stay that is elegant, modern, and climate-controlled, then there is no better option than a holiday getaway with PMI Maui! Our modern, clean condos will make your Maui getaway the easiest, stress-free vacation you’ve ever had.
To make sure your trip is the best it can be, PMI Maui provides some of the best vacation rental properties on the island. Not only will you feel at home, but you’ll have the most upscale, top-notch stay! You don’t have to feel like a tourist on Maui; you can experience it like a local!